A seven-year-old child, Yamikani Witness, has died while receiving treatment at Machinga District Hospital for suspected food poisoning in the area of Traditional Authority Nkoola in the district.
The hospital’s spokesperson, Wongani Nyirenda, said the child was among two other family members who were admitted to the facility on Friday after consuming Nsima, made from maize bran flour.
Nyirenda added that another child, also admitted, is receiving malaria treatment at the facility.
The police have yet to comment on the development.
The post Seven-Year-Old Dies from Suspected Food Poisoning in Machinga appeared first on Face of Malawi.